Wednesday 28 November 2012

Who needs help?

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but those who are ill."

There couldn't be a more true statement really. The guy who said this was Jesus. This was in response to the Pharisees asking why Jesus was eating with sinners. I wonder if people ever think this of me. In fact I know people do. They wonder why I work with kids who are "bad." Well, do you want me to just go where I'm not really providing anything for anyone ? The people I'm working with are the ones who need it! 

I am actually loving my work here. I'm now over the awkward getting to know the youth stage and actually, some of them have started to talk to me about important stuff rather than just how they fancy this boy or she's been mean to her. I love hearing anything they have to say but it's really great when you can be that ear that'll listen, to a young girl who is crying out for someone to talk to, she may need a little bit of a push but really, when she gets talking the true feelings just come out. 

I guess the saying, "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" is true. My apple has to be the Bible to keep me anchored. I know for a fact, if I don't read the Bible I'll start to stray. The only way I find I can stay on track is to read the bible every day. Even if it's just a verse! I love to have a thought from the Bible that keeps me going every day. This verse reminds me why I'm here. Why I'm working with these young people! I'm not saying I'm the answer to all their problems but if I can be of help to even one young girl this year, that's enough for me. How ever many girls God gives me to be an ear to listen to, I'm willing to listen and invest in.

Charlotte x  

No comments:

Post a Comment