Wednesday 8 May 2013

Provision

Today has been great for both body and spirit. 

I started off with getting some stone therapy done by my friend for her final assessment of this year. I was traveling from Bangor (roughly 12 miles) and as I pulled into Titanic Quarter Belfast my petrol light came on. Would have been fine if I had my purse with me, but I didn't. I then discovered that there is absolutely no free parking in the Titanic Quarter, BMC parking is cheap but when you have £1.30 in your car, it's not so cheap when it's £1 per hour. I went in and got my amazing stone therapy and relaxed for a while but then came out and prayed, "God please let me find some money in the car or on the street, PLEASE God let me find it!" I didn't manage to find any money on the street and I went over to the kiosk to check if it was really £2 and it was. As I was walking back to the car 2 men walked over to pay for their tickets and I noticed they were paying with notes. They payed and started to walk away, as I mustered up the courage to say, "Sorry, do either of you have 70p to spare?" One of the men said, "Come here" and dropped £1 into my hand. I was so thankful and felt like people are good, but most of all, God is good. As I was praying on the way home thanking God for the provision I was also praying that the petrol would last me till I got home, and it did.

"For whoever asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
-Matthew 7:8

When we have nothing, God becomes our everything. We have only Him to rely on and He works within that. Forgetting my purse was the best thing I could have done today. I felt like it was a Dad looking after his little girl, dropping everything for her and never leaving her scared, without an exit or abandoning her. I was bailed out yet again. God is constant in His love and grace, and it will never cease to amaze me. Bringing a stranger into my life to just give me £1 in His name is enough for me. I want to need God more, everyday. Not just when I really need help, I need to lean on Him in everything. Am I willing to leave everything else behind to truly rely on Him for everything? He works within our brokenness and keeps on creating new hope and peace.

Charlotte x

2 comments:

  1. Great real life story and so true what you say about God. Bless you Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear! Keep enjoying Him in little things, and the things will get bigger and you wont even notice if you just keep enjoying Him.

    ReplyDelete