Sunday 13 January 2013

The Cell Story.

In a prison cell, crippled on the floor by an uneasy shadow. 

I know I need to stop. Am I ready yet? I know my bailer. He's waiting at my cell door. He knocks and opens it. Arms wide, welcoming and forgiving. Can I get up? Can I take those vital steps into his arms? I've decided before, I can't and shut the door in his face. Now, he patiently waits outside, knocking every so often, but this time he's waiting, opened the door beckoning me forward, encouraging me, "Come on child, I'll release you." 

I'm a child, scared. I have that feeling in my chest, shocks run through my as I look into my bailer's eyes. They look on me with compassion, sorrow for seeing a child crippled by a shadow. This dark growth on her, he saw it increase and now, even the shadow fears the bailer. The bailer is wearing pure white, glowing as the sunlight hits him and shocks my pupils as they adjust to the light. Darkness had consumed this child. She stands up to make her first few steps, she struggles, she falls. The shadow trys to come into the light but it stings the shadow. There cannot be darkness in the light. The child takes steps towards the bailer. She embraces him and he's walking her out of the jail, slowly. She won't get shocked or panicked but eased back into reality. Once she reaches outside, she sees people walking around with the exact same bailer - he's everywhere! 

She drifts, he guides. Gently steering her shoulders along the path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment